6.29.2011

A Collection a Day by Lisa Congdon

There is a new book out there that will appeal to the curiosity in all of us.  It is a book entirely dedicated to personal collections called A Collection a Day.  Originally in blog format at Collectionaday2010.blogspot, artist Lisa Congdon took on a year long project of creatively composing and photographing her many collections.  Each page represents a day of the year and showcases a grouping of items that she has obtained through the course of her life.  On her blog she states that "Most of the collections are real and exist in my home or studio; those I will photograph.  Some are imagined; those I will draw or (occasionally) paint."


A great coffee table or reference book, it is filled with inspiration from the old-fashioned to the odd.  In it you'll find ideas for color, composition, graphic design, packaging, and a whole lot more.


2 comments:

  1. i may need to use my lovely bday amazon gift card to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to buy this for my dad! Thanks for the idea. He collects everything that someday will all be mine! Even poll nails...don't ask:)

    ReplyDelete